Soundanism is an interactive sound installation exploring possible relationships between music, breathing, masturbation and sex. The visitor becomes an integral part of a feedback system in which he generates – simply by breathing – a signal that, once analysed and processed, he receives again in the form of sound. Following the analogy with the practice of masturbation, the visitors can therefore “compose” their own unique piece of music, while the system only allows a certain amount of control over the process.
Soundanism questions some of our notions of controllability of a dynamic system. Located at the borderline between publicity and privacy, the intimate and the extrovert, consciousness and dream, the work evades established classifications such as installation, performance and instrument. Associative traces show similarities to processes in nature, sex and human behavior.
- 2007-08-27..2007-08-31 ICMC 2007 in Copenhagen (Denmark) :: Download paper
- 2007-06-06..2007-06-10 NIME 2007 in New York (USA) :: Download presentation
- 2007-02-17..2007-03-31 takt kunstprojektraum in Berlin (Germany)
- 2006-12-14 CIMTEC 2006 in Sevilla (Spain) :: Download paper
- 2006-10-11..2006-10-22 PING! 3 in Andratx (Mallorca, Spain)
- 2006-09-28..2006-10-08 espacio menosuno in Madrid (Spain)